Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crown Paints cardboard chair competition...

So I've done my first mock up of the chair I'm hoping to do for this competition. It will need some simplifying maybe and definitely some cleaning up but I think it fits the castle theme I was going for.

Rough Blueprints.
For some reason blogger unrotates some photos when I'm uploading, this I have yet to figure out.

I know in my head what I'm going for here I think, and I used the drawings to work out my measurements. This mock up is 12.5cm x 12.5cm, or 1:16

Basic and not quite regal yet.

add a little flourish...

Added a shelf for flowers or a candle or your crown.

I hope this structure at the back will give it some strength. Not that I intend sitting in it for that long.

With added crown, on the crown shelf, obviously.
I think I would like to add some detail to the back of the chair, possibly some cut-out filligrie or a cut out coat of arms. We shall see.


Leftover bits, maybe for more decoration.
 Again blogger is messin' with my rotation.
I will post more pictures of the actual construction of the final chair when I am making it, and show how all the bits fit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment