Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And to begin...

  My project was born out of the many faces that jump out at me from everywhere and everything, from buildings to other ordinary objects and many more. The investigation into these objects and their 'faces' led me to Illustrating them using the Adobe package, and also to see which objects might make it into the realm of character design. These objects/characters need somewhere to live/inhabit, and my next stage of the investigation is into the different places that they may be found, whether that's in the hidden environments in the city or out in the open amongst us. This will involve an observation of the urban environment such as the streets, pubs, cafés, and other areas which may be not so visible immediately. My aim is to create, through various media, an environment for these characters to reside. I will be using photography, drawing, computer aided illustration, paper and card craft and painting and whatever else I happen upon in the project.

My aim is to have a fun and light hearted look at the characters that I see in the environment around me and to create their world from our own or bring them to life in our urban environment, co-habitation, if you will.

Well that's the plan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment